According to old wives’ tales, garlic can ward off vampires. While this benefit may just be folklore, what’s true about garlic is that it has many health benefits.
This ‘wonder-drug’ contains more than 100 biologically useful chemicals. It also has various anti-bacterial, anti-viral, anti-fungal and anti-oxidant properties. Here’s a list of some of it’s proven properties…
– Studies have shown that taking 600 mgs of garlic daily, lowers cholesterol levels considerably.
– Garlic’s ability to fight infections and bacteria makes it an effective cure for warts and skin problems.
– It’s a great aphrodisiac. It helps improve blood circulation and also helps prolong an erection.
– Regulates blood sugar levels by increasing the release of insulin in diabetics.
– Garlic’s antibacterial and anesthetising properties can help cure toothaches.